Join Scott's Newsletter
224. Hot Takes - Bed Bath & Beyond Bankruptcy
sinclair | April 25, 2023
A new podcast is up! Check out the YouTube version HERE or The Winning Momentum Podcast on all major platforms.
In this Episode, in response to several listener questions, I provide my hot takes on the Bed Bath & Beyond Bankruptcy.
Observations relevant to the methodology we discuss on this show include:
– Bankruptcy does not necessarily mean the end. It is a tool for debtors to buy some time, raise some financing and facilitate a restructuring, sale or liquidation.
– There is a priority order to stakeholders’ claims on the assets of the bankrupt. The shareholders of BB&B will likely get zero.
– Turnarounds are always about Leadership. BB&B is on their third turnaround leader in less than a year and it’s not going well.
– BB&B bought back $1B in stock between 2020 and 2022, while going insolvent.
– and.. the most ridiculous court filing quote of the year.