Join Scott's Newsletter
221. Silicon Valley Bank
sinclair | March 13, 2023
A new podcast is up! Check out the YouTube version HERE or The Winning Momentum Podcast on all major platforms.
Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) was America’s 16th-largest bank with $175 billion in deposits. Last Friday customers tried to withdraw $42 billion, a quarter of all deposits, in a 21st century bank run. The FDIC stepped in and closed the bank. All of that happened in 2 days – the bank is now gone and equity holders have probably lost everything.
In this Episode we discuss:
• The background leading up to the implosion
• Risk management failings at the bank
• Who gets hurt
• Will depositors get their money back – should they get their money back?
• Opposing viewpoints from leading influencers such as Mark Cuban and Vivek Ramaswamy
• ESG’s influence over risk management
• Liquidity and Net Worth are different